What novelties have you prepared for this 2020 edition?
Heimtextil celebrates its anniversary: the global home textiles industry will meet for the 50th time in Frankfurt am Main. With a great anniversary party, a showcase presenting design classics from the past few decades, an anniversary film and other activities, Heimtextil will review the past half-century since its first edition in 1971.
Messe Frankfurt will be inviting exhibitors and visitors to the highlight of the celebrations, the big Heimtextil at Night party in hall 11.1 on Wednesday, 8 January 2020. Heimtextil exhibitors from the very beginning will be warmly welcomed and paid special attention. As part of the celebrations, Messe Frankfurt will present an anniversary film with a look back at earlier Heimtextil editions as well as music acts from the last five decades. In hall 9.0, Heimtextil will present design classics from the past 50 years in a special showcase area. Here, the trade fair will invite people to take a journey through time and a tour of discovery through five decades of Heimtextil history. The presentation is based on editorials from interior magazines. Four rooms incorporate colours, shapes, furniture and design objects from past decades. The showcase is complemented by a café that will be realised in cooperation with Schöner Wohnen, Europe's largest living magazine.
As to whats particularly new in the programme or product segments:
- Interior.Architecture.Hospitality LIBRARY is a brand new addition to Heimtextil. It presents a specially curated selection of exhibitor products with functional properties – a textile material library for interior architects, architects and hospitality experts.
- Digital, interactive and haptic. Under the “Textile Technologies” banner in Hall 3.0, manufacturers of machines for digital printing and textile processing will be presenting new products and innovative designs. We make the topic of the future a tangible experience – with a focus on production technologies.
The event presents a multifaceted program with workshops at Heimtextil and special events. Which of the activities do you think are a must for the visitor or which of them do you highlight?
There are numerous lectures, presentations, competitions and networking events at Heimtextil you definitely shouldn’t miss:
- Trend Space in hall 3.0 is the first port of call when it comes to interior design trends, it offers an overview of the latest market developments and the trends for the coming season. There, you will find colour, material and design trends presented interactively and with products from Heimtextil exhibitors.
- Interior.Architecture.Hospitality EXPO is a must see for all interior architects, architects and hospitality experts. There, the latest aesthetic and functional solutions for contract-textile furnishing will be presented in an exclusive exhibition format.
- Interior.Architecture.Hospitality TOURS cover a variety of themed tours, curated and organized by our partners that lead you to selected highlights and personal favourites amongst the textile innovations for the contract-textile sector.
- Sleep! The Future Forum in hall 11.0 is a lecture programme that focuses on the latest findings, current research results and textile innovations for a good night’s sleep regarding sustainability, hospitality, sport, digital and interior design.
- The Green Village in hall 12.0 marks the “green section” of the Heimtextil, where you can meet quality-mark organisations as well as certification bodies and find out everything about textiles produces in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible way. Not to forget the daily Green Tours that guide you to selected exhibitors.
What are the advantages of exhibiting at Heimtextil?
Heimtextil is the season opener for new trends and textile innovations. Here, you can find everything in one place: interior textiles, interior design and interior trends. Nowhere else can you meet so many international trade visitors and decision-makers searching for the patterns, colours and trends of the season. In addition to highly promising newcomers, many well-known major exhibitors have returned in 2019 and are expected to return in 2020.
Can you give some tips for those exhibiting for the first time in Frankfurt and specifically at Heimtextil? (venue rules, customs, business etiquette...)
We have compiled answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) for all exhibitors, please visit our website.
Can anybody attend Heimtextil 2020? How to register?
Visitors and exhibitors can easily register via our website.
What is the exhibitor profile?
Heimtextil offers a wide product range, in more than ten product segments and we therefore welcome all exhibitors that fit the following profile:
Hall 3.0 “Textile Design”: Design studios, style bureaus, CAD/CAM systems, colour code systems and “Textile Technology”: Digital print machines, software, and digital print accessories, machinery for textile processing.
Hall 3.1 “”Wall Decoration”: Wallpapers, wall decoration, painting and decorating accessories, colours and varnish.
Hall 4.0/4.1/4.2 “Decorative & Furniture Fabrics”: Manufacturer and wholesaler hall for decorative and furniture, fabrics, fabrics for bed linen, furniture leather and artificial leather, fibres and yarns and “Interior.Architecture.Hospitality EXPO”: Exclusive selection of textile interior design for use in the contract sector and unique hotel furnishing.
Hall 6.1 “Asian Excellence”: Selected manufacturers from Asia with home textile products such as: decorative and furniture fabrics, decorative cushions, curtains, carpets, sun protection systems and wallpapers.
Hall 6.0/6.2 “Asian Selection”: Individual presentations and national pavilions with manufacturers from Asia with home textile products such as: decorative and furniture fabrics, decorative cushions, curtains, carpets, sun protection systems and wallpapers.
Hall 8.0 “Window & Interior Decoration”: Curtains, decorative fabrics and systems, furniture fabrics, textile editeurs, visial covers and protection systems, carpets and tools and machinery for textile processing.
Hall 9.0 “Beautiful Living”: Lifestyle products: table and kitchen linen, coated table cloths, bedcovers, blankets, door mats, decorative cushions and home accessories.
Hall 10.0/10.1/10.3 “Asian Selection”: Individual presentations and national pavilions with manufacturers from Asia with household textile products such as: duvets and pillows, bed linen, bathroom textiles, table and kitchen linen, blankets and decorative cushion.
Hall 10.2 “Asian Excellence”: Selected manufactures from Asia with household textile products such as: duvets and pillows, bed linen, bathroom textiles, table and kitchen linen, blankets and decorative cushion.
Hall 11.0 “Smart Bedding”: Duvets and Duvets and pillows, mattresses, bedding systems, f bres and yarns, tools and machinery for textile processing and “Sleep! The Future
Hall 12.0/12.1 “Bed & Bath Fashion”: Branded companies with bed linen and bathroom textiles; private label suppliers of bed linen and bathroom textiles
What is the visitor profile?
As Heimtextil is a B2B trade fair it is only open to trade visitors; there is no entry for private visitors. Just to name some segments, we’ve had visitors from in the past: interior designers, international furnishing industry, architects, hospitality experts, retailers, wholesalers, and foreign trade.
Which are the most relevant trade shows in the sector?
Our Texpertise Network spans all across the world and we have divided our portfolio into four sectors: Apparel Fabrics & Fashion, Interior & Contract Textiles, Technical Textiles & Textile Processing, Textile Care. We offer 58 events worldwide and therefore function as the global market leader in trade fairs for the textile sector. Amongst our most important trade fairs in the above-mentioned continents and sectors are:
Texworld in Paris and New York
Source Africa and ATF in Cape Town
- Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics
- Intertextile Shenzhen Apparel Fabrics
- Neonyt in Berlin
- Heimtextil Frankfurt, Russia, Japan, India
- Interior Lifestyle Tokyo
- Techtextil Frankfurt, North America, Russia, China, India
- Texprocess Frankfurt, America, Addis Abeba
- Texcare International, Asia
- Clean Show
- JET Expo in Paris
- Gulf Laundrex in Dubai
How many different nationalities were present? How many exhibitors participate in the last edition? How many different countries where participating?
In January 2019, 3025 exhibitors from 65 countries took the international trade fair for home and contract textiles to a 15-year high: Exhibitors and visitors accepted the new trade fair concept with great enthusiasm and confirmed the trade fair’s position as the world’s most important meeting place for the industry. The quality of the decision-makers impressed the exhibitors, as did the number of new business contacts from 156 countries, especially international ones – thus enabling Heimtextil to set a new benchmark. Around 67,500 visitors ensured that there was a busy atmosphere in the halls, despite a slight decline due to various reasons, such as difficult travel conditions on account of the storms in the alpine region and airport strikes in Germany.
Heimtextil is the biggest international trade fair for home and contract textiles, it is the first trade fair of the year for its sector, and thus represents a climate and trend barometer for the new business year. And with our Texpertise Network we link the leading international textile trade fairs. At 58 events worldwide, we show the forces driving the sector. Today, the latest themes, trends and contacts already attract more than 22,000 exhibitors and 523,375 visitors from all around the globe. Whether Frankfurt, Paris, Shanghai, Moscow or New York – we generate impulses for the entire textile value chain.