Anuga is the world’s largest and most important food and beverage fair — for new markets and target groups, for all the trends and themes, and for business deals. On October they will celebrate a new edition, so here you have all you need to know, wether you are planning to exhibit or just visiting this leading show.
The novelties of the next edition
Anuga 2015 offers again a wealth of accompanying events and shows. High-level conferences and lectures, special shows and evening events provide comprehensive information and many opportunities for sharing ideas with other sector players.
Special shows 2015:
Anuga OliveOil Market - Will present the best that nature has to offer: Lots of olive oil, extra native specialities from manufacturers from all cultivation areas around the Mediterranean, from South Africa and from South and North America.
Anuga Organic Market - For the first time in 2003, together with the bioPress publishing company, Koelnmesse organised the Voll-Bio special show in Hall 5.1 - a supermarket presenting organic food. Once again in 2015, over 1,500 organic products for the retail food sector can be found in the special show entitled Anuga Organic Market.
- Anuga Wine Special - You will learn fascinating and extraordinary things about wine in the special area ANUGA WINE SPECIAL in Hall 7. Just in 2013, 100 wines were registered. Don't miss the workstations, seminars, wine tasting and the awards for the best 2015 wines!
3 reasons to visit Anuga
Anuga is the largest fair in the world related to food and beverage, well known for first-rate contacts and business deals.
Anuga is a Trade Fair for-decision makers, employers and professionals engaged in the food and drinks industry and services.
- Matchmaking365 - is an excellent tool for your trade fair preparation, and it also extends the trade fair online until the next exhibition. With Matchmaking365 you can gain valuable business contacts as a trade visitor , benefit from precise information, attractive offers and schedule your meetings for the trade fair – conveniently from your office desk or via the mobile app.
What I have to know to exhibit in Cologne (some specific rules)?
The Anuga 2015 will be taking place at the Koelnmesse, Europe's fifth largest trade fair: 11 exhibition halls covering a total of 284,000 m² are there to provide space for your presentation.
Koelnmesse has drawn up technical guidelines for all of the trade fairs and other events; these guidelines are binding on all exhibitors and organizers. You can find the document on Koelnmesse official site, but among other things, it's important for you to know:
Traffic regulations - The maximum permissible speed on the fair grounds is 30 km per hour.
- Technical Data - The general lighting in the halls measured 1 m above the hall floor is 300 lux and Stands in all halls can be provided with telephone, fax, data and antenna connections.
Stand Construction - Details on the official stand height for each event are contained in the registration forms. Approval must be sought from Koelnmesse for constructions which exceed this limit. Anyway, stand constructions on the boundary between adjacent stands must be designed in a neutral manner above a height of 2.5 m.
Platforms - Generally accessible areas that directly border areas that are more than 0.20 metres lower are to be surrounded by railings. These have to be at least 1.10 m high and have a horizontal load resistance on the handrail of 1.0 kN per running metre.
Design - The exhibitors are responsible for the design of their stands. Closed walls that are adjacent to visitor corridors need to be approved by Koelnmesse and the backs of stands that are adjacent to other stands must be kept in a neutral color and design so that they do not interfere with the design of the neighboring stands.
Flooring - Rugs and other floor coverings may not project beyond stand boundaries and must be laid out in such a way that accidents do not occur.
Building conditions - The maximum stand height is to be agreed upon with Koelnmesse. The interior clearance of two-story stands must be at least 2.30 meters in the ground floor and 2.30 meters on the upper floor.
- Stand constructions on the boundary between adjacent stands must be designed in a neutral manner above a height of 2.50 m
Benefits to exhibit here?
There are two factors that determine your trade fair success: the number of trade visitors and their decision-making authority. Anuga is a great place to be on both counts, as approximately 90% of the around 155,000 trade visitors are involved in their companies´purchasing decisions. As a result, good talks are guaranteed - as is good business!
Central in every respect - The Cologne site is easy to reach for customers at home and abroad. Thanks to the fair site being located in the city center, there are many hotels in the immediate vicinity.
- Plenty of room for your ideas - On one of Europe's largest trade fair grounds you can plan any presentation and events of any kind - and with the Koelnmesse organisation, you have a dynamic associate to assist you.
Some participation results from the last edition (2013)
155,000 trade visitors from 187 countries
- 284.000 sqm gross