IJL, the International Jewellery London, brings together the most talented British and international jewellery designers, wholesalers and manufacturers. As well as provides the largest selection of jewellery exhibitors and new products just before Christmas. On September 6-8 will be held a new edition at Olympia venue in London, so we've been interviewing the organizers to discover all the novelties and receive some valuable tips, especially if you are thinking on exhibit!
What are the novelties of the next edition?
This years we celebrate the 60th Jubilee edition – celebrating 60 years as the UK’S jewellery trade show of choice.
Appart from this, during the show you will enjoy about different exhibition categories and activities:
- Late Night Shopping & An Evening of Celebration - enjoy about a relaxing evening to celebrate the 60th Diamond Jubilee Edition of IJL, with plenty of shopping opportunities to welcome in the pre-Christmas buying period.
- Catwalk - Catwalks will give you an insight into future trends, featuring stunning on-trend pieces.
- Industry-led seminar programme
- International pavilions - Meet high quality designers from around the world.
- Shining Stars - As part of our 60th Diamond Jubilee Anniversary celebrations, Shining Stars is an event to shine the spotlight on some of our participating exhibitors who have supported the event and successfully grown their businesses over the years alongside us.
- ... and much more!
Give me 3 reasons to visit IJL - International Jewellery London
- 60 years of experience delivering the premier jewellery industry event
- The greatest breadth and variety of jewellery suppliers than at any other UK trade event – ranging from big brands to emerging talent giving you exceptional choice and the ideal opportunity to find something different!
- The entire jewellery industry network together at IJL – 10,200 trade personnel, from UK and overseas buyers, UK and International press, all the UK industry bodies and associations represented and 550+ jewellery focused suppliers
What makes this show different from other shows of its kind?
IJL delivers jewellery focussed buyers from over 72 countries direct to your doorstep. In addition to IJL, the Reed Jewellery Group portfolio comprises of thirteen events designed to deliver global industry business contacts in order for you to achieve success internationally IJL features an industry-led, free to attend, extensive seminar programme - unrivalled in the industry.
Benefits to exhibit here?
Among others, at IJL you will have the opportunity to make industry contacts that will change the shape of your business, boost your sales through onsite orders - as IJL has all the key players under one roof -, raise the profile of your company, expand your international distribution and meet distributors, retailers and agents attending IJL from over 63 countries.
Also you will benefit by a maximum exposure when launching products, network and strengthen relationships with the industry, reach out to global buyers and promote your products and services, discover the latest industry trends and obviously, show your full range in a secure and safe environment to conduct business.
Some tips for international exhibitors
Get informed about ATA Carnet - Unlock customs with the jewellery passport for use in 70 countries. The international business development and customs tool allowing temporary entry of items, duty-free and tax free whether shipped or hand carried. Learn more about using the carnet at international trade shows at the official site: www.merchandisepassport.org
- Take in count UK Hallmarking - The UK have laws relating to the compulsory, independent hallmarking of Gold and Silver products, and these laws have an impact on anyone selling products into or within the UK. Please refer to the documents below for an overview of hallmarking in the UK.
What is the visitors profile?
The group comprises owners, CEO’s, Directors and Senior Buyers from leading independent and multiple retailers, departments stores, high-end fashion boutiques, museums and galleries, and online only stores.
Some participation results from the last edition
- Exhibiting companies - 555
- UK companies - 349
- Overseas companies - 206
- Countries exhibiting - 31
- New companies - 183
- Trade visitors - 7,621 (a 4% increase on 2014)
- Countries visiting - 72
- UK visitors - 92%
- International visitors - 8%