DMEA – Connecting Digital Health: the trade show
After 11 years, conhIT – Connecting Healthcare IT, Europe's largest event for the Health IT industry, recives a new name: DMEA. The new heading reflects a strategic move to attract new specialists and audiences from the healthcare industry. In the future, the aim will be to mirror the entire supply chain including every process along the way.
DMEA will retain conhIT’s successful concepts in order, step by step, to become the platform representing every digital field of interest to all players in the healthcare system, both now and in the future. The tried and tested combination of a Trade Fair, Academy and Congress and numerous Networking events will remain. Individual areas will be developed in order to provide an even bigger forum for innovative ideas and debate on specialist topics.
The declared aim of DMEA is to promote digital networking across faculties and sectors and in doing so to address relevant new audiences. The digital transformation is increasingly impacting on the nursing sector, resident practitioners, hospital doctors and companies looking to enter the healthcare sector with innovative products and services. The trade fair, academy, congress and networking events at DMEA will address these audiences in even more individual ways. At the same sufficient room will be given to topical subjects such as artificial intelligence and blockchains.
The leading health IT market players are represented at conhIT!
An exhibition such as conhIT attracts numerous national and international companies. Do you have any tips for first-time exhibitors in Berlin? (venue regulations, customs, protocol...)
Many exhibitors focus on taking part in the show but neglect their preparations and a subsequent evaluation of the results. This includes networking in the run-up to the event, for example through the conhIT Virtual Marketplace, sending out invitations, or making use of social media which discuss trade fair topics.
Exhibitors should also download the conhIT app to their mobile phone, which makes it easier to find one’s way around the grounds. They should also take part in evening receptions, attend the convention and make use of other networking opportunities, such as discussions and presentations in the International Networking Lounge.
Besides the exhibition and wide-ranging Congress programme, what events can you especially recommend?
Key topics at the congress will include IT in nursing, mobility and apps, IT strategies, IT management and inter-sectoral communication and naturally IT security. For international trade visitors, we recommend a visit to the session on ’International Markets – Cracking the European Code“ on 20 April 2016. It focuses on the European market and highlights individual levels of digitalization and networking among these countries. European regulations are already impacting on the healthcare markets of individual countries and this influence is likely to increase. At this session, we want to examine ways in which cooperation across borders could function and what will happen when tablet PCs meet notepads. Simultaneous interpreting into English is provided at all the sessions.
Give us some reasons why we should not miss conhIT.
- conhIT provides trade visitors with an outstanding platform for exchanging expert views, not just with one another, but also with representatives of politics and science.
- At the Industrial, Fair exhibitors will be showcasing their innovative products and solutions to users and decision-makers and highlight the potential of IT in healthcare.
- Users can find out about solutions and assess the potential benefits for their own facilities and institutions.
Finally, can you give us some attendance figures for last year’s event?
Last year 388 exhibitors from 14 countries showcased the role of IT in the healthcare system and the innovative solutions that systems can provide to help improve safety, efficiency and quality. Covering a display area of 15,000 square metres across the halls and adjacent conference rooms, conhIT provided opportunities for advanced training, exchanging information and networking.
Around 150 events took place at the Congress, the Academy and on numerous display areas. Approximately 7,500 trade visitors from Germany and abroad came to find out the latest information in Berlin.
Why we can't miss the international event conhIT?
conhIT provides all healthcare industry players with a platform for learning from each other, exchanging their experiences and jointly improving conditions for a broad implementation of health IT. Next edition will take place on April 14-16, and we've talked with the organisers in order to discover all the novelties for the next edition and the reason why we can't miss this international event.
What's new for the next edition of conhIT?
- A mobile health ZONE in hall 4.2
- An APP-Contest by Appcircus
What is the exhibitors profile?
- Software for hospitals, rehabilitation clinics and care homes
- IT solutions for medical practices, laboratories and radiographers
- Hardware and IT infrastructure
- Communication Solutions
- Telemedicine solutions
- Software for archiving/documentation
- IT Consulting
- Medical engineering (meets IT)
- Mobile Healthcare
- Networked buildings systems
- Hardware and IT infrastructure
- Clinic information system
- Hospital Information Systems
- Quality and knowledge management
Three reasons to visit conhIT
Information on latest health IT developments
Education in our congress sessions
- Networking in our network areas
What is your visitors profile?
- Health IT managers and IT staff
- Hospital management and administration
- Executives, HR managers, commercial accounting
- Physicians, healthcare professionals
- Nursing services, in- and out-patient nursing staff
- Health funds’ agents
- Software and consultancy companies staff
- Industry agents
- Representatives from politics and science
- Students and trainees
Results of the last edition