An exhibition like CIFM / interzum attracts many national and international companies. Can you give some tips for those exhibiting in Guangzhou for the first time? (some rules of the venue, customs, protocol...)
Koelnmesse has a team of trusted service providers and logistics partners to provide exhibitors with seamless support in every aspect from our years of experience in successfully organizing related trade fairs, such as interzum, ORGATEC, and furniPRO Asia. I believe that even new exhibitors will participate with ease.
My suggestion for companies is to apply for space early, as CIFM / interzum Guangzhou is often oversubscribed, with more than 80% of the existing exhibitors signing up for the next edition during the event. Every year, a number of companies are unable to exhibit due to space limitations. In general, there is a two to three-year wait for a new company to be able to successfully apply for space at the event. So, the earlier interested companies submit their application, the greater the opportunity to secure a booth space.
Alongside with the exhibition, we can enjoy about many other activities, can you recommend us an event in particular?
Official forums revolving around the history and trends of furniture surface materials will be held during interzum Guangzhou 2016. Exhibitors will be invited to share their knowledge on the application of a variety of furniture surfaces and auxiliary materials, as well as their latest technological achievements, allowing visitors access to the latest industry information while procuring their products. Offering more insights into future trends in the German Renolit Group, which will hold its 2016/2017 annual Global Color Trends Conference, themed “Wind Poems” at this edition of CIFM / interzum Guangzhou.
Comparing with its parent event, interzum, interzum Guangzhou indeed has fewer fringe activities. It is due to the positioning of the event. interzum Guangzhou emphasizes strongly on being an effective trading platform for participants. In the future, with the development of the show, I believe that activities similar to the “interzum Award” will appear at interzum Guangzhou.
Give us some reasons why we cannot miss Interzum.
- Firstly, CIFM / interzum Guangzhou enjoys unique geographical advantages. Guangzhou, being the provincial capital of Guangdong, is China's and one of the world's largest furniture manufacturing centre. According to statistics, the total annual furniture output of the province accounts for more than 30% of the entire nation’s by value, with wooden furniture production ranking first. In addition, the rapid economic development of Guangdong over the years makes it one of the most developed areas in China, and therefore one of the highest in the domestic demand for furniture.
- CIFM / interzum Guangzhou's parent event, interzum, based in Cologne, Germany, is the flagship event of the world’s furniture production industry, which has been held for 57 years. The establishment of CIFM / interzum Guangzhou was to meet the unique needs of the industry in Asia, serving as a barometer of market trends for the region.
- Finally, the degree of internationalization of CIFM / interzum Guangzhou is also an important reason for consideration. Each year, more than 1,200 companies from more than 30 countries and regions as well as more than 67,000 trade buyers from over 100 countries and regions will gather at the event, making it a truly international trade fair.
Finally, can you give us some participation results from the last edition?
- CIFM / interzum Guangzhou 2015 saw the addition of Hall 12.1, boosting the total trade floor area of 130,000sqm in 2014 to 140,000sqm, to become the largest scale in the event’s history.
- In addition, it was the first time that exhibitor numbers exceeded 1,200. The 2015 edition featured 1,269 companies from 35 countries and regions.
- In terms of visitors, we received 67,270 people – another record-breaker.