The SIAL Canada is dedicated to national and international professionals of the agri-food industry. The show, which alternates each year between Montreal and Toronto, will be held on April 13-15, this year at Montreal Convention Center. Don't miss this chance to attend the biggest show in North America dedicated to the agri-food industry. We have interviewed Xavier Poncin, SIAL Canada director, to know all the novelties, trends and innovations waiting for us at SIAL Canada 2016!
SIAL Canada is the most important agri-food event in the country. But tell us, what makes it special regarding other events of its kind?
With its return to Montreal, SIAL Canada is proud to position itself as the only show in Canada that has adapted itself to changing consumer trends. With more than 850 exhibitors expected and ready to meet with the 15,000 industry professionals in attendance, this will definitely be the must-attend meeting for the retail, food-service, and food-processing industries!
Also, to ensure a presence around the country, the event alternates each year between Montreal and Toronto.
Can you reveal some novelties for this year's edition?
SIAL Canada is pleased to announce that the United States will be its country of honour in 2016. As Canada’s number-one supplier and customer, and thanks to its agri-food trade worth more than $45 trillion annually, the United States remains a major partner for Canada. Honouring the United States with the help of the USDA through their Taste US program also serves to open the North American market to the industry as a whole, especially local and international exhibitors. In addition, the United States’ representatives will unveil their new projects, which are sure to impress all industry professionals.
Finally, following the success of the American Buyers Program in Toronto, and for the first time in Montreal, SIAL Canada 2016 will offer American buyers and importers a unique meeting platform. This is thanks to the new program organised as part of the show from April 13th to 15th, 2016, in partnership with the AFI and NGA, two major associations representing American importers and retailers.
For the very first time, SIAL Canada is proud to welcome the ARQ Contacts Show to the Palais des Congrès on April 13th, 2016. This decision reflects a shared dedication to constantly improving our ability to meet the industry’s needs by bringing the sector’s professionals together in a single place. The Palais des Congrès will host product and equipment suppliers, and food-service retailers and professionals during the show.
- La Cuisine by SIAL - During the three-day show, La Cuisine will be a special playground for artisans, as well as a hotbed of activities for visitors to its high-tech, playful, and user-friendly space. From morning “speed-dating” with finalists, to taste workshops by Jérôme Ferrer, the days will draw to a close with La Tablée des Chefs and its team of professional. All of these activities meet the needs of today’s artisans: greater efficiency in the kitchen, uncovering of new culinary experiences, and finding qualified workers to provide support.
- The Lab of culinary chemistry - is, par excellence, a place for inspiration that invites artisans to experience and use their senses and, in doing so, gauge their skills. From carrot gouache to earth water, to melon that seems like red meat, it’s these types of experiences that “chemist” Yan Garzon will share with visitors. Pushing the boundaries of the imagination and expanding the horizons of possibility – these are the promises of The Lab this year.
SIAL is an international event with editions in many countries all around the world, so is not strange that every year receives abroad exhibitors. Can you give them some tips to exhibit in Canada?
SIAL Canada offers you unparalleled media coverage within Canada, with a quality score of 84%. In addition, you can benefit from exclusive tools to maximize your investment:
- Specialized paths guide visitors in their search for products before and during the show, as well as allowing you to be recognized more easily.
- Showcase your products and innovations on the Canadian and international food scene.
- Find all your customers here
- Participate in a showcase for innovators
- Attend a unique world of trends and expertise, and meet experts who can help in your development.
- Enjoy a special section, SET: specialized in equipment and technology
- With over 24,000 sq. ft. , the Convention Center offers an exhibition space with modern architecture and versatile infrastructure, all just minutes from downtown.
Alongside with SIAL takes place SET Canada, specially designed for food technology. What kind of exhibitors can we expect at SET Canada?
Established in 2005, SET Canada is the area dedicated to equipment, technology and service suppliers meeting the needs of food retailers, food-service professionals, and agri-food processors.
SIAL Canada by itself is already an attractive event, but can you give us some reasons why we can't miss the show?
It is THE reference in the food industry with 850 exhibitors and more than 50 speakers during the 3 days that will talk about various subjects.
Also, you will be able to:
- Discover the only show where you can find equipment, technology, and food products all under one roof: a one-stop shop exhibition!
- Stay at the cutting edge of innovation and developments in equipment and services sure to meet your needs.
- Discover high-quality conferences centred on what’s important to you: trends and innovations, food service, e-commerce, consumption.
- ...and more!
Appart of the exhibition, we can enjoy about a comprehensive program of conferences and parallel activities. Do you recommend an activity or session in particular?
It really depends on each visitors, their profile and interests. The sessions that talk about innovations & trends, as well as organic foods & consumers, are somehow very popular.
Finally, can you tell us some participation results from the last edition?
2014 edition of SIAL Canada, attracts:
- 767 exhibitors and brands from 43 countries
- an exhibition area of 200 square feet
- 14,685 visiting professionals from more than 60 countries
2015: 14,000 visitors from 60 countries
Expected: 850 exhibitors and 15,000 industry professionals