The Salone del Mobile is the global benchmark for the Home Furnishing Sector. 2015 show was a great success but now they are working hard for its next edition, which will take place on April 2016. To learn more about this amazing event and discover all the novelties we will find in the exhibition we've been talking with the organizers.
Concretely Roberto Snaidero, the President of Salone del Mobile in Milano has answered us all the questions as well as give us some reasons why we can't miss the International Salon.
The novelties of the next edition
I suppose the design world is still absorbing and trying to catch up with the new proposals seen at the Salone last April. Our exhibiting companies are quite jealous about their ideas and future production and above all it is a bit early for the anticipations but I’m sure that there will be a lot of beautiful and innovative surprises especially at EuroCucina and SaloneBagno. The two biennial exhibitions are in fact a perfect benchmark not only regarding the design lines but also the technological performances they can offer.
3 reasons to visit Salone Internazionale del Mobile
- To visit Salone means to see and touch firsthand the best furniture from classic to design. Even though the modern media can bring you instant news about new product nothing can compare with the feeling of being a part of it for real.
- The Salone is also the best place to meet all kind of people of the furniture sector.
- And if you are curious, the Salone is the must place to be to discover future trends: “The Salone in fact is the village that brings where the others will follow” wrote a prestigious international magazine some years ago, and this is still valid today
What I have to know to exhibit in Milano (some specific rules in venues...)?
I suggest you visit the Salone del Mobile website where you can find all the specific answers. This is the link www.salonemilano.it/en-us/EXHIBITORS/Salone-Internazionale-del-Mobile/How-to-participate
Basically all products and services to be exhibited must be directly related to the industry. The right time to make a request is right after the Salone or even during the Salone directly at the Fairgrounds. The exhibition area consists of the Salone Internazionale del Mobile (three different product styles: design, modern, classic), International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition and four biennial exhibitions – EuroCucina / International Kitchen Furniture Exhibition with SaloneBagno/ International Bathroom Exhibition on odd years and Euroluce / International Lighting Exhibition with Workplace3.0/SaloneUfficio the International Workplace Exhibition on even years.
What is the visitors profile?
The visitor average is 300,000 people from more than 160 countries. In the past edition we had a total of 310,383 visitors of which 272,439 trade operators – 84,456 Italian and 187,983 non-Italian from 165 countries and 37,944 general public.
The distribution of the trade operators is approxamately the following:
- 40% - buying groups, facility managers, general contractors, architects, designers, interior decorators, lighting designers
- 40% - distributors, dealers, retailers
- 5% - agents and representatives
- 15% - other
What the show brings to the city?
Salone del Mobile with its 300,000 visitors brings the entire world of the sector to Milan. While the core business’s happening at the Milan Fairgrounds the city’s buzzing with all kind of happenings. Hospitality facilities, public transport and cultural facilities profit from this hectic design week.
Benefits to exhibit here?
The numbers are speaking for themselves. Exhibitors have an international visibility as you can deduct from the above figures. In addition at the Salone arrive more than 5,000 journalists from more than 72 countries which spread all over the world what’s going on at the fair.
Some participation results from the last edition
- Total visitors: 310,383 (trade operators + general public on Saturday and Sunday)
- Italian trade operators: 84,456
- Foreign trade operators: 187,983 from 165 countries
- General public: 37,944 on Saturday and Sunaday
- Jounalists: 5,091
- Exhibitors for the Salone Internazionale del mobile: 933 Italians and 390 foreign
- Exhibition area: 143,359.50 sqm