GSMA which represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, celebrates MWC Shanghai, the best annual event in Asia for the mobile industry. On July 27-31, we will enjoy about a new adition at the Shanghai New International Exhibition Centre (SNIEC). And yes, we have iterviewed the organisers to show you the highlights and coming trends in Mobile Commerce, Connected Living, Future Communications, and more! Let's go!
MWC Shanghai is the largest show in Asia for the mobile industry, but what makes MWC Shanghai different from other similar shows?
Mobile World Congress Shanghai is Asia’s biggest mobile event of the year. It’s organised by the GSMA and held each year in the business hub of Shanghai, China. It is a mobile event like no other, bringing together the worldwide mobile industry from C-level mobile executives to tech-savvy consumers to experience a connected life full of exciting new technologies and products.
MWC Shanghai will be co-located at the Shanghai New International Exhibition Centre along with two great events — Shanghai Digital Information Festival and Smart City Expo • Shanghai Pudong – to showcase innovations in mobile from 1,000 total exhibitors across seven large exhibition areas. The three events combined have been anticipated to attract more than 70,000 attendees.
What represents MWC Shanghai to the annual calendar of the industry?
We work all year long to plan the world-class exhibition, award-winning conference programme, and outstanding networking opportunities that comprise the event each year to create an unparalleled experience. The three-day exhibition, from 29 June to 1 July, runs alongside a two day industry-leading conference, attracting thousands of decision makers from the world’s largest and most influential companies.
An entire ecosystem of mobile technology and products will be showcased. There will be a multitude of consumer- specific experiences to explore as well such as a drone flying cage, a Virtual Reality Zone, professional skateboarding and Mobile Gaming Zone.
In short: if you’re interested in the latest mobile trends or in an industry that supports mobile, are looking to make contacts in the mobile industry, or if you’re looking to make a splash in the Asia market, you simply have to attend MWC Shanghai in 2016.
Can you advance us some of the highlights for this year's edition?
- GSMA Innovation City
- 4 Years From Now (4YFN) Startup Area
- Drones! At MWC Shanghai
- YoMo: The Youth Mobile Festival
- Mobile Gaming Zone
- Virtual Reality Zone
The congress is held alongside with Shanghai Digital Information Festival and Smart City Expo. What is the exhibitions profile?
Shanghai Digital Information Festival brings us a combination of B2C and C2C showcase. The Fair sets its themeon "Internet +", and encourages SME innovation and entrepreneurship,focuses on "medical", "dining", "living", "travel","education", "entertainment", "finance" and "credit".
Smart City Expo is focusing on the construction and development of Smart City, the expo will cover sectors of Mobile Communications, IoT, Urban Solutions, Smart Home, Smart Building and Smart Education to present how technologies and innovations improve people’s daily life and allow participants to experience latest mobile technologies.
And who can attend?
MWC Shanghai is proud to be co-located at the Shanghai New International Exhibition Centre with two great events — Shanghai Digital Information Festival and Smart City Expo • Shanghai Pudong – to showcase innovations in mobile from 1,000 total exhibitors across seven large exhibition areas. The three events combined will attract and inspire more than 70,000 attendees.
Among them, we will find professionals like:
- Mobile Operators
- Device Manufacturers
- Software Companies
- Internet Companies
- Venture Capitalists
- Vertical industries such as Auto Manufacturing, Retail, Health, Travel, Sport, Marketing, Media, Finance, and more, where mobile is digitising and creating unparalleled opportunities for growth and expansion
- Tech-savvy consumers seeking hip gadgets, products and solutions displayed in our interactive experience zones. Consumers get a chance to explore and discover everything related to mobile, including devices, drones, virtual reality, gaming, skateboarding and much more.
- More than 1,000 press and industry analysts who come to report on the latest and greatest in mobile technology
Apart of MWC Shanghai exhibition, we can enjoy about other co-located events, activities and lectures. Do you recommend us a session or activity in particular?
There are a lot of summits taken place during the MWC Shanghai. We recommend visitors to register for these sessions as well:
- Connected Vehicle Summit
- Colaboration in asia for Spectrum for 5G
- Digital Commerce Summit
- Digital Transformation Forum
- Drone Summit
- Graphene Summit
- Global Device Summit
- IoT Summit
- Mobile Security Forum
- Network 2020 Summit
- Virtual Reality Summit
Finally, can you tell us some participation results from the last edition?
- MWC Shanghai 2015 had a record-breaking 50,000+ attendees from 100 countries.
- Nearly 350 companies participated in our 2015 exhibition.
- Fourteen countries and territories from around the world showcased innovative companies and ideas from their citizens in dedicated Country Pavilions.
- At the GSMA Innovation City, 12,000 attendees saw first-hand how mobile-connected products are transforming our personal and working lives.