IFT is the annual food expo held in USA capable to brings together buyers and suppliers of the industry from every corner in the world. The latest technologies, products and trends are displayed here. So if you are a professional or a lover of food and food technologies, don't leave without reading our interview with IFT 2016's organisers, and discover why the Exhibition still stands out from the others.
IFT brings together the leading food science and technology experts. What else stands out IFT above other similar fairs?
IFT16 is the only annual event that brings together the brightest minds and the most respected food professionals from around the world — in the industry, government, and academia — for knowledge exchange, networking, and problem-solving. From trendsetters in product development to senior-level executives from the world’s top food companies to department heads from leading universities, people can find whomever they want to meet at IFT16. The peer-reviewed educational sessions are best in class.
Who can attend the show?
Anyone over the age of 16 can attend IFT16.
What are the novelties for next edition?
Attendees can experience the event in a variety of ways, which include:
- Innovation Zone – Gain inspiration for product development initiatives
- On Trend Exhibit – View the newest product innovations featured at the expo
- 1,000+ Exhibitors – Connect with companies at the forefront of innovation
- Product Competitions – See the solutions that bright young minds are creating
- 100+ Sessions – Participate in peer-reviewed scientific and applied sessions
- ePoster Presentations – Get a 10-minute deep-dive into new research
- Pop-up Sessions – Join peers for an opportunity to continue the conversation
- New Exhibitors Pavilion – Explore companies new to the IFT expo
- IFTnext, a special connections hub where the science of food community can meet one another, engage in an interactive digital discussion on future trends, and experience a taste of what’s coming in 2017.
IFT attracts professionals from more than 90 countries. Can you give some tips for those exhibiting in Chicago for the first time? (some rules of the venue, customs, protocol...)
We encourage all IFT16 International exhibitors to use our freight forwarder to minimize any freight issues. Be sure to read all the documents and review the recorded webinars, available through the exhibitor education session of the IFT16 website. The IFT16 Mobile App provides the most up to date information available. It provides opportunities to get to know others and engage prior to, during and after the event. The International Lounge is available to all International participants.
Alongside with the exhibition, we can enjoy about a comprehensive educational program can you recommend us an event or session in particular?
Featured Sessions will explore today’s public perceptions and misconceptions toward food and science:
Jacques Rousseau, professor and chair of the Academic Freedom Committee at the University of Cape Town and founder and chairperson of the Free Society Institute will share his perspective on the reasons why people fear innovation and how to better equip consumers with the scientific knowledge and resources to assist them in making more informed decisions.
Bev Postma, PhD, an international policy specialist and Executive Director of Food Industry Asia will discuss the rise of the “pseudoscientist” in a world of digital media and its larger cultural implications.
Ben Goldacre, epidemiologist, and author of the bestselling book, Bad Science will charge through the history and magic of evidence-based science, using examples of bad science... to explain how good science really works and show the ways in which evidence can be distorted.
- And wrapping up will be the Consumer Panel. There's no doubt the clean label trend is impacting the food industry, so you'll hear directly from the consumers. This session will feature original data presented by Paul Metz of C+R Research followed by a panel of Chicagoland consumers who will reveal their opinions about products currently on the shelves, and what they'd like to see in the future.
Give us some reasons why we cannot miss IFT.
- Gain technical and applied food science knowledge – choose from among 100+ best-in-class education sessions
- Connect with the who’s who in food science – exchange insights with more than 23,000 food professionals and super-charge your professional network
- Discover the latest global trends and the newest innovations – discover unique consumer and market trend pavilions, explore the latest scientific developments, and experience the science in action on the expo floor
- Identify new suppliers and meet with current ones – choose from among more than 1,000 exhibiting companies, showcasing the newest products in the food arena
Finally, can you give us some participation results from the last edition?
- Number of Registrants: 23,000+
- Number of Countries Represented: 84
- Number of Student Registrants: 1,692
- Number of Booths Contracted: 2,600
- Number of Exhibitors: 1,225
- Number of Scientific Sessions: 113
- Number of Poster Presentations: 1,215
- Number of Speakers: 429